Time is whizzing by so quickly. It’s March already; some of us survived the last four months of non-stop eating from Thanksgiving to the Super Bowl. March also represents being light and airy, in other words, Spring Cleaning. Most of us haven’t given one thought to whether on not we are still packing around the turkey, dressing, gumbo, beef and pork ribs that stuck around and still hanging out in our colons. Yes, it’s time to Spring Clean our bodies.
It’s been reported that colon cancer affect both men and women, and is the second leading cancer causing death in the United States. The Good News is; it is Detectable, Preventable and Beatable. This month, I am shining a light on what each of us can do to detect, prevent and beat colon cancer in our own life as well as in the lives of family, friends. If you or someone you know want to kick start weight loss, improve their digestive systems, increase energy, help body absorb nutrients and vitamins, get regular and stop constipation, even improve your concentration, then join me this month in Shining a light on a beast that can be defeated.
- Color guard - Is a stool test that requires a prescription, so check with your Health Care Provider. The upside is, it can be done in the privacy of your home.
- Colonoscopy- This is surgical procedure, usually done as an outpatient. It’s recommended to have this done upon turning 50 and every ten years thereafter if the screening is clear. However, age 50 is not a magic number and may be recommended sooner for others.
- Diets that include lots of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains have been linked with a decreased risk of colon or rectal cancer.
- Eat less red meat (beef, pork, or lamb) and processed meats (hot dogs and some luncheon meats).
- Exercise regularly, Limit Alcohol, watch your weight and don’t smoke.
- Screening can prevent 60% of colorectal cancer.
- As of 2019, there are more than a million survivors of colon cancer.
As a Trichologist and Master Wig Maker with over 25 years of experience, my passion is helping women and men feel good about how they look through our salon and boutique services and sharing health and beauty tips. Here at Healthy Hair Clinic I am sensitive to the fact that in the process of beating colon cancer the treatments can sometimes cause temporary or permanent hair loss affecting the survivor’s personality; that is why we offer confidential consultations for hair loss and scalp disorders along with custom designed full and partial hair systems, pre-designed wigs. Also check out Healthy Hair Salon for relaxers, wash & sets and styling.
If you are a new client, please use this $15.00 coupon with code (Colon) on a consultation as an expression of gratitude for your business.
Please Share This Blog!
For more information on this subject or other hair needs email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org